This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anthony "Plez" Pleasant RIP (Read 1,953 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Anthony "Plez" Pleasant RIP
19.10.2020 at 18:57:51
Print Post  
Association members received the following message from me this morning:
    Many members of the Association will have been following the numerous recent announcements, made on Facebook by Nicky Loveday and concerning the hospitalisation of Tony Pleasant and his subsequent move to a hospice in Darlington at the end of September. On Friday, she wrote:

"Short but sweet visit with Plez this morning. He was tired but we were able to chat for 20 mins or so through a window (only wife and son allowed in to his room).

He said he is being very well looked after at the Hospice but it is clear they are struggling to keep his pain under control.

He is putting up a fight and was still very much the man we know and love. He was so grateful for all the cards and messages and his bedside table was covered in cards."

Yesterday, late morning, Nicky announced:

"Just heard that Plez passed away earlier today.

So glad that he is no longer in any pain and can now be at peace. I am sure there will be a lot of TG12 and Fighter Controller friends and colleagues welcoming him home………

Per Ardua Ad Astra"

Like me, I am sure you will remember Plez as a man of integrity and dry humour … a great operator, instructor, mentor and individual (to use the words of a contributor to the Facebook thread). Plez will be missed …
I shall post funeral arrangements within the Member-only area, but non-Members who wish to know details should contact me via the 'Contact Us' button in the menu bar above.

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Re: Anthony "Plez" Pleasant RIP
Reply #1 - 21.10.2020 at 15:21:43
Print Post  
I was saddened to hear of the passing of Plez. I remember him well, especially from the Crew Room at Boulmer, some years ago now, and also for his sterling work on our Committee. My memories are of a cheerful and helpful character who always made it a better place. Plez, you'll be missed.

Dave L

IP Logged

Mike Good

Re: Anthony "Plez" Pleasant RIP
Reply #2 - 24.10.2020 at 18:09:28
Print Post  
Very sad news.  Being a Facebook refusnik I hadn’t heard that Plez was ill.  We’ve lost a huge personality, a top Controller with a special talent for teaching the art to others, and an all-round great bloke.   If ever we’d been called upon to do for real what we were all trained to do, you’d sure as hell hope that Plez was amongst those on console on the day.  Proper Fighter Controller - and assured of a warm welcome in The Big Rest Room In The Sky.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint