This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Gordon Carle - RIP (Read 1,777 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Gordon Carle - RIP
15.12.2020 at 21:05:37
Print Post  
While Gordon had not been a member of the Association for a while, he was not only a founding member but an ardent contributor for many years. Since settling back in Shetland in 1988, Gordon maintained a close contact with the Fighter Control world and, more recently, spent considerable time in researching content for his blog - A History of RAF Saxa Vord - where his son, Graham, left a last message this morning:

The Last Post - by Gordon’s Family

Thank you so much for all of your support over the years.. Gordon (dad) passed away on the 13th of December at home with his family. A rare type of blood disorder got him in the end. He was always passionate about RAF Saxavord, and of everything about radars! This blog was something he spent hundreds of hours on, getting great and rare insights from you all. I’m sure he would want me to thank you for all the information and friendship over the years. If anyone feels they would like to show support to the causes that he was passionate about, the RAF Air Defence Museum Neatishead as well as the Shetland Bird Club, I’m sure he would be very pleased. We will miss him a lot.

I have passed on to Graham the condolences of the Association but I’m sure Gordon’s family would be pleased to hear from anyone else.

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Re: Gordon Carle - RIP
Reply #1 - 15.12.2020 at 22:05:42
Print Post  
I was very sad to hear this news. I remember Gordon and Rita well from both Neatishead and Buchan where we were close neighbours living on The Shielings during the late 70s, early 80s. If I remember correctly my two young daughters played with Graham, mentioned above, as little ones.

As a committee member of the ADRM I had contact with both Gordon and Rita a few years ago. We reproduced a number of his articles on RAF Saxa Vord in the ADRM Newsletters.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint