This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Hot Jets Cold War (Read 3,290 times)
Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Hot Jets Cold War
07.11.2013 at 09:36:18
Print Post  
I've just received this message from Richard Norris of the Lightning Preservation Group based at Bruntingthorpe in Leicestershire.

"........ After several months of waiting we finally have a date for the BBC2 series on the role of the Jet during the Cold War, called ‘Hot Jets Cold War’.   The first of two films will  be broadcast on the 8th November at 9PM (most likely but check the tv schedule for exact time). I assume the second film will be a week later but please check the schedules. Hopefully some good Lightning footage as the BBC spent a day with us."

It should be interesting to watch. For those who are interested, we conduct QRA(I) Scramble re-enactments from the QRA Shed (ex- Wattisham) once per year during the summer. There are other high speed taxi events with the Lightning F6s and other Cold War Jets at other times. If you google Lightning Preservation Group and/or Bruntingthorpe Cold War Jets you can keep up to date with events.

Dave Lowry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint