This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Help Please - Any Clues About a Picture Found at Neatishead? (Read 4,470 times)
Nick Loveday

Help Please - Any Clues About a Picture Found at Neatishead?
08.04.2013 at 16:31:06
Print Post  
Anyone know the story of this picture? It was discovered at the Neatishead Transmitter Site last week when the RAF personnel were having a sort out. What is the story behind this and who are the characters involved? It would be great to know! There is also another picture with two rather large ladies! Any ideas? Answers to the Air Defence Radar Museum curator Chris Morshed please - rafadrm@btconnect.com or via their Facebook page.

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Chris Morshead
Ex Member

Re: Help Please - Any Clues About a Picture Found at Neatishead?
Reply #1 - 16.11.2013 at 00:12:42
Print Post  
Hi Nicky, closing loops this evening.  From a Tim Owen:- Can reveal all. We had a bar at the far end of the tx hall (of the RAF Neatishead Tx site). Cant remember what the kit was but we gutted it and made a bar.  The guy getting zapped to the left was Cpl Mick Hubbard if I recall. The guy in the straight jacket was Chief Tech Ellington(?) and the ginger guy was me as I drove him mad as I went there as an LAC and stayed there til I went to Saxa in Aug 89.
Think I actually have a photo of us having a beer when it was done.  Other people when I was there were a JT who drove a Jawa 2 stroke motorbike. Cpl Ian Fleming who had a Capri. Cpl Pete Jarvis. Seem to recall the guy in the wheelchair was a civvy but cant think why we would have had a civvy there.  RAF Barton Turf to those who served at Neat TX site!  And from Bruce Mills:- Myself and a lad called lac Steve wright painted it the civvy was john bussey sadly not with us anymore the cpl was mick Hubbard the chief was Keith ellerway the one with the wings was Kevin connerty the other civvy in black was Doug can't remember his sir name they worked on the 94b amplifiers. the picture was painted on the back of a cupboard in the crew room. it was painted about 88/89. - so there we go!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint