This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Don Anderson - Update: Funeral and Farewell Gathering (Read 8,245 times)
David White
Forum Member

Don Anderson - Update: Funeral and Farewell Gathering
19.09.2012 at 21:37:33
Print Post  
I am sorry to announce that Don Anderson died on Friday. He succumbed to prostate cancer after a stoic defence. He will be buried on Eigg, alongside the rest of the Anderson clan. Please toast him with a small dram; I think that he would appreciate it.

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Re: Don Anderson
Reply #1 - 19.09.2012 at 21:59:46
Print Post  
Oh dear, oh dear! Another good man gone. I shall certainly be raising a glass (or maybe three) in his memory. RIP Don.

Mike

IP Logged

David White
Forum Member

Re: Don Anderson - Update: Funeral and Farewell Gathering
Reply #2 - 20.09.2012 at 15:02:01
Print Post  
Don's funeral will take place on Eigg on Monday 24 September at 13.00.
As Eigg is a little inaccessible, there will also be a gathering for family and friends to remember Don. This will take place in Devizes on Sunday 30 September, between 13.00 and 16.00.
If you wish to go to either or both of these please can you let me know and I shall give you some more detail. I am contactable by email at: david.j.white@lmco.com and by telephone on: 07811 358925

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03.10.2012 at 12:43:39
Print Post  
Been away so sorry for late entry, so sad to hear of Don's death. Rest in Peace mate.

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Reply #4 - 26.11.2012 at 07:25:16
Print Post  
I received an email from Bernie O'Neill overnight; it read:

Quote:
Don and I were at Buchan together in the late 70s / early 80s. We were in different cabins but I remember hearing Don trying to practice his bagpipes. It seemed to be part of a "night out" and, perhaps, one too many.

The sound carried all round the domestic site in the middle of the night. Lots of screeching, blowing and wailing followed by a number of long low moans that would peter out into silence - only to start all over again. But, alas, no discernable tune. I think you have to be Scottish to appreciate it.

I can hear him now - he'll be with me forever.

Fond memories.

Bernie O'Neill
    Sydney, Australia

IP Logged

Alec Trevett

Reply #5 - 06.02.2013 at 18:45:56
Print Post  
I am afraid I have only just seen this and am really so very sad to learn that Don passed away so many months ago. He and I served together at Boulmer in 1974/5 and were fellow 'singlies' living in the Mess.

Don was such a good character. This is a really sad loss.

I'll be raising a glass to his fond memory tonight. A really decent human being.

Alec T 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint