This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Death of Wing Commander 'Mike' Shaw RAF (Retd) (Read 4,637 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Death of Wing Commander 'Mike' Shaw RAF (Retd)
23.06.2009 at 21:30:44
Print Post  
John Hyde brought to my attention this evening the fact that Mike Shaw has died. The notice was in The Telegraph this morning:

Quote:
Shaw

Hugh (Mike) Wing Commander (Retired). Died on 17th June 2009, peacefully aged 87 years. Much loved by wife Yvonne and daughters Patricia, Gillian and Jane. Funeral Service at the Kent & Sussex Crematorium, Tunbridge Wells, on Tuesday 30th June at 2.30 p.m.

John added:
Quote:
He was my GCI instructor and later my boss during my first tour on the 'Trappers'.  A fine gentleman and a first class officer.

While he was no longer a member of the Association, many members - and others - will remember Mike too.

Jan

IP Logged

Michael Moore
Ex Member

Re: Death of Wing Commander 'Mike' Shaw RAF (Retd)
Reply #1 - 01.07.2009 at 14:04:17
Print Post  
I served with John under Mike Shaw on the Trappers.  John has summed him up accurately and I would add only that he was a wise and inspiring leader and I never worked for an officer I admired so much.  The benefits of his guidance and advice have stayed with me.  Thank you for your company, Sir.

Michael Moore

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint